Birthday Weekend in London


A modern day princess doesn't wear a tiara and sit on a throne. Oh hell no - a modern day princess drinks copious amounts of cocktails, eats her body weight in Italian cuisine and looks out over her kingdom - or Canary Wharf in this case - from her swanky hotel room.
Yes, a few weekends ago my splendidly fantastic doting lover and part-time personal handyman Mikey really outdid his already-very-well-done self for my birthday. We went and stayed in the West India Quai Marriot Hotel in London complete with the biggest bed I have ever seen in my life; which meant that my affectionate habit of poking/kicking/elbowing Mikey throughout the night was thwarted by the fact that I couldn't actually bloody see the bloke.

So here are a few pictures from our weekend, I'm still warm and fuzzy at the memory. I bloody love birthdays. Side note: calories don't count when it's your birthday and they certainly don't count if they take the  form of a £19 burger and chips combo at 2 o'clock in the morning from hotel room service. So don't be alarmed by the copious amount of food/alcohol in these pictures because I can definitely assure you that I didn't put on any weight this weekend...at all...nope definitely none. Nu huh nah mate. 











On Saturday night after Battersea Fireworks (5/10 - wouldn't go again) we did some serious alcohol acquaintance around Monument. We went to 5 bars, drank a mixture of wine, pitchers, cocktails and beer, crawled home and and sat up in the hotel drinking prosseco until the wee hours. So Sunday morning was a time for reflection, lazing around in bed and pondering the meaning of life in our pyjamas (read: groggily drinking tea and coffee).



















The absolutely class thing about local holidaying is that it took us a grand 45 minutes to get home. That's shorter than it takes me to get up in the morning on a Monday. Stay-aways are the way forward, fellas.

So all in all...this weekend has taught me that (a) my boyfriend is the absolute best thing that has ever had the pleasure of gracing this planet and (b) I would quite like to be rich enough to do this sort of thing 24/7. So there's that little motivational nugget that I can take forward with me in my daily life.

Come and chat with me on Twitter...unless it's Monday.

No comments