Easy Chocolate Flapjack Recipe!

 
You might have guessed by now that I'm a bit of a sucker for any recipe that's got 'easy' in the title. This isn't because I'm lazy. It's because I once made a cake from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook.

If you've ever used this cookbook then you'll know that you end up using pretty much all of the utensils, appliances and surfaces in your kitchen, dining room and bathroom. And are left with a big fat huge mess. And a chocolate cake that isn't really any tastier than a basic sponge (though you may disagree with me on that point).

As far as I'm concerned, baking is about fun. It's about easy. It's about straight forward. And it's about not having to spend the rest of the day washing up 50+ utensils and telling your mum you can't get cake mix off the ceiling.

So, I give to you my no-fuss, five minute chocolate flapjack recipe!

Ingredients: 250g porridge oats  //  125g butter  //   125g caster sugar   //  3-4 tablespoons of golden syrup  //  chocolate for melting

Method: Oven to 180 degrees and line a square baking tray with greaseproof paper (I tend to grease the actual paper with butter as well just to make sure I'm not left picking paper out of my teeth when I'm trying to devour them!).  Whack all the ingredient (minus the chocolate) into a food processor and pulse-blend until they are well mixed up. Squish this mixture into your baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Let them cool down, melt some chocolate and spread on top. And then for the most important step - lick the bowl!

Would love to know if you give these a shot and what you thought of them! Like most sweet treats, they go down oh so well with a cuppa and a magazine. I urge you to try this combo.




7 comments

  1. When I made flapjacks, they definitely didn't look as good as yours! Youve made me hungry reading this! Love it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, they are definitely worth a try! You can't go wrong with four ingredients and a blender! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now so hungry !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these today!! they definitely didnt look as good as your's did tho haha, tasted delicious and were really simple xx looking forward to your next post! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm I'll definitely be giving these a whirl…*dribble*

    Betty x

    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely dribbling along with you...and have just got my fresh batch out the oven. I'm so keen! They're so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thank you, glad you liked them! xx

    ReplyDelete